Lisa Miller BS, MS in Music Education
New York State Professional Certification in Music
18 Years Experience Teaching Privately
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education from Nazareth College
- Master of Science in Music Education from Nazareth College
- Euphonium and Trombone Primaries
- NAfME (National Association for Music Education)
- CMEA (California Music Educators Association)
* The John Phillip Sousa Award
* The Patrick S. Gilmore Band Award
* The Instrumentalist Magazine Musicianship Award
* National Band Award
* Kappa Delta Pi (Educator Honor Society)
* Euphonium, chair three in the JMU Honor Brass Band, conducted by Former Marine Band Director Colonel Michael J. Colburn. Only participant from New York State.
I have over 14 years experience teaching privately and over 10 years teaching in the public school system. Courses taught include grades 4-12 concert band, jazz band, secondary music history, history of rock, secondary music theory, beginning piano, beginning guitar, 7/8th grade mixed choir. Directed pit band for Christmas musical of 100+ cast.
Attended numerous brass, music, and education confrences and workshops in and out of state. Presented a session on multiple hot button topics in music education at a confrence in Rochester, NY.
Led the Bristol Hills Music Camp Brass Ensemble at a week long yearly outdoor music summer camp. Also led sight reading sessions for concert band rehearsals.
My Teachers: Instructors that I've studied with include Al Lis, Grace Wood, Brian Wilkins, Timothy Dueppen, Christopher Van Hoff, and David Unland.
Hobbies/ Interests: Gardening, Snowboarding, Cooking, Working Out, Hiking, Reading, Baking